Thursday, January 21, 2016

Pax is 6!

The middle child turned 6 years old on December 28th. Once again, different from the other two where it never seems possible they can be that old, Paxton seems his age, he seems 6. Also true to middle child stereotypes, Paxton is easy. He never cares too much about anything, doesn't share his opinions on every subject (ahem, Hudson!), I tell him what to wear and he puts it on, I tell him our plans for the day and he doesn't complain, I put a plate of food in front of him and he eats it. He loves basketball! He started this year and is thoroughly enjoying it. After practice, he asks how many sleeps there are until the next practice. Other favorites include; Nerf guns and having wars with his brother and dad, going to Grandma Sharon's to play with his cousins, anything and everything Minecraft, and watching movies, currently the Twilight series. He has blown me away this year in Kindergarten! Going in, my expectations were low and frankly, I was worried. But just last week I got an email from his teacher, telling me that for the 5th time this year, Paxton had earned "pink" (the highest honor on the color chart) and she mentioned, "I laugh now thinking back to our first meeting and you being so worried about him and certain that I'd be calling with the bad news that he was on "red". He is such a joy to have in class." I was wrong about this boy. I thought he'd be a follower and go along with poor choices and bad behavior, but he's done just the opposite. He's a leader, and a good one! And I'd say he is the favorite sibling of both Hudson and Harlow. He's easy to love.

The traditional birthday balloon archway made by Dad.

We had an early morning celebration with presents and singing.


He was lucky to have the day off of school and spent his birthday at Grandma Sharon's with his cousins.

For supper, another tradition, Happy Joe's.

With his favorite cake, chocolate on chocolate.

We were finally able to have his big birthday party last weekend. His chosen theme, basketball. Look at that sweet, sweet face. 

Another cousin celebration. 

I love this boy who deserves more attention but doesn't ask for it. 








No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS