Wednesday, June 27, 2012

a day with all three

The boys still go to daycare 3 days a week; to keep somewhat of a routine, so they don't get bored home with me and sister, to give me and sister some time alone, to keep my sanity, and mainly because...they want to. Daycare is in our backyard (neighbor) so we walk over most mornings and the boys and their friends wave at me and sister as we walk back home. It really does make for a happier week for everyone :) But, on the days when all three kids are home, I do what I can to pay attention to all of them, to keep them busy, to keep myself sane, and to make sure everyone gets ample sleep.
I still take many, many pictures of this girl, awake and asleep. I often wonder what the heck I'm going to do with them all, but she is just too darn adorable!! Seriously, I know I say this alot and I'm sure it's getting annoying, but man alive she's cute!
 And when that beauty sleeps...we play. For the upcoming HOT week, we set the pool out and the boys love it. They both ended up swimming in their shorts and undies because even with the 90 degree heat, the pool was still FREEZING!! Seriously, like swimming in ice. I did not expect them to get in, but I should've known better. They didn't seem to care a bit. Me, I put one toe in and was pretty sure I had hypothermia! I'm guessing after the 110 degrees its supposed to feel like today, they'll be swimming in a hot tub.
 We were out all afternoon. It's so fun to watch Hudson play. He has quite the imagination and always, always wants Paxton to play with him. In the picture below, Hudson told Pax to grab his toes in the big bucket, knowing that when he'd try his head would most certainly go under the water. He's pretty clever that biggest brother!
 And later that night, one of the boys gave me the scare of a lifetime! I was in the basement doing laundry, and when I came back up no one knew where Paxton was. We yelled for him, looked in every room twice over, even every closet. I went outside, walked around the house (because he can unlock and open every door) yelling his name...but there was no sign of him. My heart was beating out of my chest when Jamie finally yelled, "He's up here!". And there he was, sound asleep in Hudson's bed. I had walked right by him at least 3 times and never noticed him. Jamie said the only reason he found him was because he could hear him snoring. Poor thing, out like a light at 6:30pm. And at first Hudson thought it was funny, even cute, until he realized Paxton still had underwear on and in danger of peeing in his bed!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS