Monday, January 6, 2014

Packy is FOUR!!

Our sweet Paxton turned 4 years old on December 28th. Once again, it seems like he's been 4 years old for awhile now. I think because he's so close with Hudson, he always seems a bit older than he really is. Jamie put a different spin on our balloon tradition and set up a balloon tunnel to greet Pax when he woke up. Both the boys thought it was the coolest thing ever! 
He was so excited to be four years old. Before he fell asleep the night before he asked if he'd be 4 when he woke up, and it was his first question that morning. "Am I four now Mommy? Will I always be four now?" 
And let me tell you, he is the sweetest four year old that ever lived!!! I can't get enough of him.
He chose swimming for his birthday afternoon activity, so we went as a family of five. 
Afterwards, we headed to Mankato to eat at Mexican Village and (finally) drive through the Kiwanis Lights at Sibley Park. 
Paxton opened a Spiderman mask from Aunt Sheri and Uncle Arnie but Harlow had the honors of wearing it during supper. She also got her very own slushy drink which she LOVED to say the least! 
It is so much fun honoring this boy with his very own special day. He's always so content with everything, it's easy to forget that he needs attention too. 
And there's so much to love about him, here are my top four reasons:
1) He is so affectionate. Always willing to give you a kiss and hug, and usually the one to initiate it. He snuggles me throughout the night, and if he wakes up to find himself too far away, he will come closer and throw an arm around me. And every night he sleeps with me, I wake up to kisses, a little hand rubbing my cheek, and "I love you Mommy" whispered in my ear. The other morning he told me that he loves me so much he's going to keep me forever, and then warned me that he'd be kissing both of my cheeks. I realize his affection won't last forever, so I am cherishing these days while I can and getting in millions of kisses and hugs. 
2) The boys lives in his very own little la-la world. Usually completely clueless as to what's going on around him. He has no concept of time, as to him, everything that we've ever done in the past happened "last year", when likely it was either last night or last week. He believes that the house we stayed in while we vacationed in Florida is his "old house" and wishes we could move back into our "old house". He hurt his finger at hockey but if you ask him how it happened, he will go into this long, completely made up story because he just doesn't know what actually happened. You can't really believe anything he says. If you question it at all, it usually means its not true. And it isn't because he's lying, he just doesn't know the real truth. He never knows what day it is but always knows how many nights he has left to sleep in his own bed, before he can sleep with me (on weekends). 
3) At hockey practice, he looks for me in the stands. You can see him on the ice, scanning the bleachers until he finds me. And when he does, he smiles and waves. Then throughout practice, he will periodically wave and always smiles as he skates by. And everyone watching practice notices. 
4) His smile. It melts my heart in an instant. It's genuine and shy and makes me fall to my knees. 

(We had an Angry Birds birthday party for him this weekend, pictures to come.......)

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS