Friday, February 6, 2015

Village West resort

We've missed our annual February weekend trip to Iowa the last couple years, but with the kids at the ages they are, we knew they'd have a blast this year. Their cousins play in a basketball tournament, but all of their free time is spent at the resort, swimming in the pool or winning tickets in the arcade. I wish I would've gotten a picture of Hudson in the arcade, because it was his form of heaven! He was money hungry, playing as many games as he could to win as many tickets as he could! The kid was obsessed to say the least. Harlow's heaven was the pool. Both her and I were thrilled to find an entire pool only 2 feet deep that she was more than happy with. She spent the entire weekend in that pool. She did lots of cannonballs, went diving for her rings (literally, she dove under the water!), and loved the attention from the older kids. And those older kids melted my heart when they played with her, and with the boys too. They were so good with all of them, always including them. I was very proud of those pre-teens and teens.

And a BIG thank you to Grandma Sharon for helping out with the kids and staying with us! We love you!

Harlow riding her horsey in the arcade.

The boys rough housing in the pool. Love those genuine, happy smiles!

Harlow in her element!

We had breakfast at Betsy's Diner at the resort. 

Paxton fell asleep on Saturday afternoon so I stayed back in the room with him while everyone else went down to swim. I enjoyed my extra cuddle time with him. 

Harlow....surrounded by boys! I could've taken a hundred pictures like this, all with her in the middle of about 7-10 boys, following her every move. 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS