Friday, February 20, 2015

visiting Hudsy

I had the privilege of going to Hudson's school and being the "guest reader" for February- Love to Read Month. Hudson picked two of his favorite books for me to read and then invited me to stay for awhile and watch him in his little kindergarten world. (And of course I brought lunch too!). It also happened to be the 100th day of school so they were doing all sorts of things to celebrate. (Including 100 jumping jacks in gym class!!) They had made crowns before I got there, and I asked Hudson why he wasn't wearing his, and he gave me a typical Hudson answer- he didn't want it to get dirty or ruined. He and his best bud Rowan sat and counted out their 100 pennies and 100 pop tabs. They counted by ones, fives, and tens. Pretty impressive.

Later on we went to the SMART room. I think that stands for something, but I'm not sure what. They combine physical activity with education and do different things at each station. Hudson was partners with his friend Landon.

This activity is math, adding the 2 numbers on the board and then bouncing the ball. 


This was my favorite! Called the love bug. It was hilarious to watch! (I like at the end of this video, you can hear another friend in the background start telling me something by saying, "Hudson's mom....") 


Here he had to walk across the beam, not touch the hearts hanging from the ceiling, and read the 3 words on each dome as he crossed over them. I was impressed.


I can't express how much I love spending time with him at school. It's a side of Hudson I don't normally get to see. The way he interacts with his friends and teachers. He's polite, and courteous, and smart, always eager to learn or volunteer to help. I am so proud of him, and I think I told him 100 times, you know, for the 100th day of school!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS