Friday, October 16, 2015

flag football

Hudson stepped outside of his comfort zone this fall and played flag football through Park and Rec. I asked his permission prior to signing him up because I didn't want to battle with him about having to go twice a week for 4 weeks, and to my surprise he said, "Sure, I'll try it." What??? Excuse me?? You're agreeing to play a sport?!? And football none the less! OUT OF CHARACTER for our Hudson to say the least. And it probably took him a couple practices, but once he got more comfortable, he really enjoyed it. Every picture I took of him, he is grinning from ear to ear. And he tried! He actually ran, got involved, participated, cheered. This is all normal for most 7 year old boys, but not this one. He wasn't the star of the team, but I was very proud of him. It made sitting outside in the dark, teeth chattering under a blanket, freezing in the rain, a little more tolerable.

He's on the green team, to the far left, in his ready position.

SMILE!!!

Hudson and some buddies; Tegan and Brody.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS