Monday, June 23, 2014

Hudsy is SIX

How is it that every year our babies get older?!?! And why is it that it never seems possible?!? How could our Hudsy be 6 years old?? SIX!!!!! I posted a "last picture at 5 years old" picture of me kissing my 5 year old the night before his big day, along with 6 reasons why I love this kid.....
1) He is capable of having a mature conversation wise beyond his years.
2) He is extremely detail-oriented; with his stories, how he likes things, his memories.
3) He grew out of his rude, bad attitude, snot phase (thank God!!).
4) He is great at playing with Paxton and always willing to include Harlow.
5) He has a kind, sympathetic heart and believes in fairness.
6) He tells me he loves me out of the blue.

Per tradition on their birthday mornings, they wake up to balloons. The night before I asked Hudson if he still thought he needed balloons now that he's six. He thought he'd still like them and then offered to help blow them up. Apparently at 6 years old, the excitement of waking to a house filled with balloons has worn off and you just do things yourself. So out to the garage he went with his dad and used the air compressor to blow up his own balloons. So no surprise the next morning when he woke up and found them right where he had left them. For his birthday breakfast, Jamie suggested a blueberry muffin from Perkins, so the two of them headed out in the morning for a half dozen muffins. Harlow and Paxton sang to him and each took a turn blowing out the candle (video below). When they were done, Harlow looked at me and asked, "Harlow's birthday over now?" The girl is obsessed with her birthday and I think with celebrating Hudson, she finally realized that her special day was over. Time to get over it Harlow! 
Aren't they the sweetest?!?!
And the silliest!!!! I absolutely LOVE this picture!!
It was no surprise that Harlow started crying when I told her all of the presents were Hudson's. And of course, it was no surprise that Hudson let her open almost all of them. I actually had to stop her and remind Hudson that its his special day and he should get to open at least some of his own presents. He did and proclaimed that he loved them all! And I have to admit that I was pretty excited and proud of myself that each gift was thought out and right up his alley! The best being a ghost and werewolf costume for the boy that LOVES Halloween and spends most of his days in costumes.
And jelly beans, more specifically the Jelly Belly Bean Boozled game. You spin the wheel, eat that color, and its either a delicious jelly bean or a DISGUSTING one! I knew he would love this, and would love trying to trick people, which he did! He got Zevlen, Maddi, and Uncle Arnie. I think Maddi ate barf, Zevie ate toothpaste and stinky socks, and Arnie ate booger. Harlow ate a handful of all of them and wasn't even fazed by it! I had to hide them from her on top of the fridge! She had the worst canned dog food breath!!!! They are SO GROSS! Beware if Hudson offers to share his candy with you.
One of the gifts he asked for was dinosaur bones. He and his best friend Eli pretend to dig for dinosaur bones at school, so I knew he'd love this fossil. He dug and found teeth, bones, and fossilized poop!

Happy Joe's was his pick for supper with the family. For the games of course, not the food. Him and cousin Carson shared their tickets and he was able to get the police light he's been wanting. Thanks to Carson who gave him over 1000 of his own tickets! (Love that boy so much!)
Hudsy and his godparents, Maddi and Zev.
Back to our house for more presents, cake and ice cream. He's excited to light those fireworks from Logie at his big party!
And a half orange and half purple cake, per his request.

Happy 6th Birthday Hudson Alexander!! I couldn't love you any more than I do today, but tomorrow I will! 

A couple videos of the day......


1 comment:

Melissa Gieseke said...

That jelly bean game-oh my haha, Harlow-what a character!!
Love the video of Paxton & Harlow singing to Hudson-so sweet!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS