Tuesday, September 23, 2014

dead bird

Snapchat picture from Sunday:
Sunday afternoon as I was getting supper ready in the house and the kids were outside picking up sticks in the backyard, Hudson walks in to the house from the deck holding a rather large DEAD bird and proclaims, "Paxton found this dead bird in the yard." I scream and yell for him to get that thing out of my house. He walks back out to the deck and just plops it down right there. I yell again to get it far away from the house and he yells back, "Well you screamed and scared me!" Of course I screamed, you brought this gigantic dead bird inside of my house!!! He tells me that it doesn't matter because it's dead, not like it's going to start flying around or anything. But it's G-R-O-S-S!!!! So Paxton swoops in and starts to pick it up and I scream yet again not to pick it up with his hands. Then Harlow thinks she'll be the brave hero and she goes in to grab it with her hands, yep, you guessed it, I scream again!! Can someone please go get a shovel and get this thing off of my deck!?!?! So Hudson grabs a toy grabber/pickerupper thingy, grabs the bird and finally carries it to the outside garbage. Then I tell them they all need to come in and wash their hands and really grind it into them that we DO NOT under any circumstances pick up dead animals! 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS