Friday, November 7, 2014

Halloween Day and Night

So Halloween has come and gone and we had parties, went trick-or-treating, and have eaten loads of candy since!
The festivities started Halloween day with Hudson's party at school. I was lucky enough to volunteer to help the class. Since Hudson's actual Halloween costume is a little too scary for Kindergarten, he opted for his Mario costume instead. He was the cutest toothless Mario ever, which says a lot because there were probably about 20 other Marios! Along with 50 Elsa's from Frozen! Man alive that was a popular costume!

His kindergarten class all dressed up. I am so thankful I'm able to volunteer for these special activities and occasions. I love getting to know his friends by name and seeing them interact, so when Hudson comes home with a story about Rowan, or Crosby, or Landon, I know who he's talking about.

After school and work, the kids got all dressed up and ready for trick-or-treating. Since they are masked and completely unrecognizable, I'll give you- From left to right; Hudson the "Death Warrior", Harlow the "Doll", and Paxton is "Leonardo, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle". Aren't they the scariest, cutest, and toughest kids ever!?!?! And they loved their costumes!

OMG, I die of sweetness!!!! She did such a good job trick-or-treating. Running behind to keep up with her fast brothers (who found it necessary to run to each and every house!). She said trick-or-treat and thank you, and received numerous compliments on how adorable she was. She was even patient enough to put all the candy in her bag and not insist on eating it as we went.

We stopped at Hudson's teacher's house and met up with his best bud Crosby and his family. Hudson has THE BEST kindergarten teacher! We all love her and Hudson is really hoping Paxton gets her next year, and I'd love it as well!

Hudsy and Crosby

All the kids stuck it out trick-or-treating for awhile, and before we hit up the big State Street hoopla, I asked Grandma to take Harlow back to Sheri's house because I simply could not imagine having her on that crazy, scary, dark street. I took the boys, hand in hand, and never let them out of my sight. There are hundreds of kids with police officers at the end of blocks. With fog, smoke, loud music, zombies, and ghosts, this place is right up Hudson's alley! He loves it! He is in his element, all except for the long lines. And when Paxton got too cold and tired, Hudson just wasn't ready to be done yet, so we dropped Pax off at Sheri's house and Hudsy and I went back out for more. When I told him that there just wasn't that many houses left with lights on, he insisted, "Well then drive me to a street that does have their lights on!" So we went back to State Street for the second time! I was careful though to make sure he wasn't doubling up on houses and candy. This kid lives for Halloween! And there was a couple times throughout the night when I was walking with them, that I made the conscious effort to always remember these times, to keep these memories and hold them tight. We had so much fun together.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS