Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day

With clouds and rain looming over Mother's Day, we didn't make any big plans. Didn't really matter as long as I spent the day with my mom and my three kids. And it turned out to be a pretty great day, starting off with breakfast in bed served by Jamie.  

My mom and I went to a movie matinee. Movie dates are pretty much our favorite thing to do so I called her in the morning with a last minute invite to a movie we had both wanted to see, Age of Adeline. Everyday I am so thankful to have a best friend in my mom. 

Came home to some snuggles with this little girl, who I hope thinks of me as her best friend in 20 years. 

We all went to eat and came home to a little surprise for my mom, I ordered a mock angel food cake, her favorite. Even though we were stuffed, we all managed to fill our bellies to the brim with some cake. And what great holiday doesn't end with cake, right?! Notice the shoe filled with flowers...a gift made for me by Hudson at school, with a note saying "Nobody can fill your shoes". So sweet. 

I love these four special people in my life that make Mother's Day a day we get to celebrate. 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS