Friday, November 13, 2015

Halloween 2015

This year for Halloween, we introduced to the world- Paxton the soldier, Harlow the Tooth Fairy, and Hudson the Chucky doll. These costume choices were well thought out and very much desired and appreciated. Except for Paxton's, who is the middle child and content with whatever you offer him. Harlow truly wanted to be a Tooth Fairy, both for Halloween and in real life. She wanted wings to fly with and a wand to do magic with. And thanks to Grandma, she got them both. And my Halloween loving Hudson chose this Chucky costume last spring! I said no from the beginning, but his heart and mind were set. I told him children, and some adults, might be scared of it, but that was his point. He wanted to be scary, and freaky and he felt Chucky was the way to accomplish both.....and he did!

The matching army soldiers; Paxton and Hunter.

The beginning of long our trick-or-treating night. The kids did great, walked/ran to every house with a light on, said "Trick-or-Treat" and thank you, even turned to check for the "okay" when the homeowner asked them to "step inside". After a nice elderly lady asked them to come inside her house, Harlow turned around to wave at me, as if to say, "Okay Mom, I'm going in, you keep your eye on me and make sure I come back out." Then Hudson came running out and said, "That lady asked us to go inside her house, is she crazy or what?!?!" Now although thats the right and safe thought my dear Hudson, I quickly reminded him that even with that smart thought, HE WENT IN!! He replied, "Well my brother and sister did."

We walked for hours and if it were up to Hudson, we never would've stopped. Paxton started complaining first. His feet and legs hurt. And when we got to State Street (typically the best and scariest street), Harlow decided that trick-or-treating in her dad's arms was the safest place to be. Her brothers were always sure to ask for that extra piece of candy for their little sister, pointing to her for proof.

Me and my Chucky doll. I never thought I'd tear up with pride on Halloween, especially with a kid dressed up as the serial killing doll that caused many nightmares in the 80's and 90's, but Hudson walking in this costume was something to watch. Nearly everyone commented on it. People either stopped us or whispered, "Look at that Chucky" as they walked by. It generated many laughs and even some screams. He was the celebrity of Halloween night! So much so that Paxton started complaining, "Chucky, Chucky, Chucky, thats all I hear about, everyone loves Chucky!" Again, typical middle child, right! It was well worth feeling like the terrible parent letting him wear this costume. He was in his element, in his glory and I loved watching it. I asked him how he will ever top this Chucky costume and he quickly replied, "Chainsaw Massacre". Good lord! That kid lives for Halloween night.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS