Friday, August 2, 2013

Hudsy's weekend

For Hudson's 5th birthday gift, his godmommy Maddi got him/us a weekend at her hotel. The perfect gift for a kid who has everything and loves nothing more than to stay in hotels. We started the weekend eating at his favorite restaurant, Chili's! 
He is by far my pickiest eater. Most days it's a struggle to get him to eat anything other than a peanut butter sandwich or plain buttered noodles, but at Chili's he ate ribs! Daddy's boy! 
After supper we were off to the hotel. Logie was working at the front desk to check us in. The boys were so excited to see her and thought it was so cool that we were at her work. Jamie commented that with the sisters in the hotel business together, they could be the Hilton's! The girls led us to our room, letting Hudsy walk in first to find it decorated just for him! Balloons everywhere, streamers hanging from the ceiling, a birthday sign, candy and cupcakes! Sure made him feel special, he mentioned to me several times that he's never seen a hotel decorated before. Thank you so much for that girls! 
The next morning we woke up, had some breakfast and did some silly snuggling. Trying to keep the boys occupied so mom and dad could enjoy a cup of coffee, all they wanted to do was get to the pool! 
We had the pool all to ourselves for about four hours that morning. I basked in the freedom of supervising a 5 and 3 year old with life jackets on, it's a piece of cake! (I should mention here that Harlow stayed home with grandma for the weekend.) 

Before our afternoon plans, we had a little rest time in the room. Hudson requested to give me a kiss and take a picture of it. Lord, heart melted. As I held the phone up for the picture he said, "I'll keep my eyes open and watch to make sure you get it." This was the result, haha! 
We made a pit stop to get the boys fitted for their tuxes for Maddi and Zevlen's wedding. How cute will they be?!? 
It was a first time for all of us at Sea Life. And if you ask Hudsy, his most favorite thing we did all weekend. He loved the sharks and giant sea turtles. He was very interested in knowing what everything was. Pax just ran through like a wild boy he is. Stopping when Hudson pointed out something cool. And nervous when daddy held him up to a shark swimming by. 

They were eaten alive at the end. 
And they each picked out an animal, using money Grandma gave them to spend. Crocky and Sharky have become important members of our family. 
Another morning of swimming on Sunday. I can't even count how many times people asked us of they were twins, or just assumed they were and said, "Oh how cute, look at those twins!" The boys got so used to explaining that they were in fact NOT twins that Hudson would immediately reply with, "I'm 5." And Pax would follow it up with, "And I'm 3." The funniest part is when the person acts like they don't believe it, as though we don't know they are! I love the response of, "No, seriously, they really aren't twins??" Nope, not lying! Jamie and I don't see it at all. Sure they look alike, but for every stranger to so quickly assume?? Silly to me. 

There was a baseball team of 10 year old boys in the pool that morning. I got a little nervous about my little boys getting in the middle of their wildness, but I should've known better. Hudson sat back and mostly watched them, and Pax joined them! He made two friends who were the nicest 10 year old boys, I was so impressed with them. They played games with him, jumped in with him, let him choose what they should do, introduced him to the other boys, and always made sure he was safe. I actually teared up a little bit at what those big boys were doing for my little guy. Making him feel so special. 
Como Zoo was our next stop. With the absolute perfect weather, it was a busy day, but we quickly got through all the animals to get to the part Hudson really cared about, the rides! 

Hudson asked if we could pleeeeeease stop at the yellow barn on the way home. I swear he looked at every single piece of candy in that barn!! He scoured the place for a toilet sucker Aunt Ditty had gotten him once before and among the thousands of candy choices, we found it!

It was a GREAT weekend, all thanks to Maddi!! I am so, so, SO grateful that you love my kids the way you do! On the way home Hudson asked me if I thought Maddi's birthday present was the best one ever and then said, "Cuz I do!!! Well, this and the garbage truck from Grandma!"  

3 comments:

Maddi said...

So happy everyone had a great time! Love you guys! :)

Maddi said...

SO happy you all had such a great time! Love you guys! :)

Erin said...

They are such adorable brothers, I can't stand it. Looks like a super fun weekend!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS