Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Vacation Bible School

Both of the boys went to Vacation Bible School all last week and THEY LOVED IT!!! They went to Jamie's church and spent the entire week with their cousins, Grandma Sharon, and new friends. I dropped them off at Grandma's in the mornings (we usually stopped for donuts and juice first) and it never failed, every morning I heard their request of, "You can just drop us off Mom, you don't even have to come in."  Needless to say, they were always so excited about their day, both at VBS and at Grandma's. Hudson would always ask if I could come a little later everyday, there was always just so much to do at Grandma's with his cousins; ride the golf cart and go-cart, play with the kitties, dress up in scary masks/costumes, go swimming, to Schell's Brewery and Dairy Queen, but most importantly, EAT EAT and EAT some more! Grandma Sharon has GOOD food at her house! In VBS they made arts and crafts everyday, learned and sang songs, and made new friends. Dropping them off that first day, I could tell that they were both a little nervous (and I cried when I left, obviously) but with their older cousins by their sides, they braved through the unknown. A HUGE thanks to Morgan and Declyn for watching out for them! And an even BIGGER thank you to Grandma Sharon for watching them all day every day for 5 days, for feeding them and letting them have so much fun! 

At the VBS performance at church on Sunday- Kendra, Paxton, Morgan, Hudson, Bryce, and Declyn

I was a blubbering mess at their performance (so pardon the shaky video)! Never in my wildest dreams did I think they would stand up there in front of a church full of people and perform their songs, singing and actions. But both of them did (especially Paxton, you can clearly hear his voice at the end!). I was beyond proud of them! And we're still singing those songs (even me all.the.time!). This is a long video (I zoom in eventually), but again, so proud!

My favorite part about this one is at the end, Paxton nudges Hudsy on the shoulder and if you look real close, and can even hear a little bit, he asks him if he wants to play Transformers later. Hudson kind of gave him a look like, "You're asking me this now, are you kidding me??"


No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS