Thursday, September 3, 2015

Harlow- preschool

My baby girl went to preschool....and we both cried big tears! Leading up to school, she's been so excited, but the last week or so before it started she started asking questions like, "Will you come to school with me?" And in about the last month, her "mama's girl" phase has been in full force! She always wants to be with me, if I leave she cries, she yells for me at home to make sure I'm still there, and she's quick to tell everyone that she loves them but she loves her mom the most. So going into Tuesday, August 25th, I knew it wouldn't be easy but I also knew that she'd love school, it was just the goodbye that would be hard. And hard it was, on us both! And its been 2 weeks now, and its still hard every morning. Sometimes she cries big tears, sometimes just little ones. Sometimes she hangs on to my neck for dear life, and sometimes she willingly goes with the teacher as she looks back at me with tears in her eyes. Every morning she tries to be brave, assures me that she's strong and she won't cry, but she just can't seem to make it through. But I think we're getting close. She does love school, she loves her teacher, she loves making new friends, and she loves bringing things she's made home to show me, she just loves her mommy more. 

It was a cold 50 degrees on her first day of school too. 

She was a little more excited on her second day of school. She wanted to take some more pictures showing off her Minnie Mouse backpack and cool new school shoes. She even danced a little with excitement of going to school again. That's how I know she's fine, that's how I can leave her there in good hands three full days a week. 




But I took this video as we were pulling into the parking lot on that second day, and I should've known by those questions and that sad little noise she makes at the end, that once again, our goodbye would not be easy. 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS