Thursday, September 3, 2015

Hudson- 1st grade

Okay, we are officially in the second week of school, and Hudson is officially a FIRST GRADER! That's still hard for me to think about. I have to remind myself that Mrs. Maudal isn't his teacher anymore and that he's in an actual grade! Taking him to his first day of school this year was much different than last. I could tell he had some nerves, but he knew the ropes. One huge difference, he's agreed to eat school lunch sometimes this year! I never thought I'd get him to agree to that! But he said if its something he likes, he's willing to do it. I remember back to last year on the ONE day I forgot to pack him a lunch, and his teacher emailed saying he was quite upset about it and just couldn't fathom eating school lunch and had mega anxiety walking through that lunch line, and it was a corn dog that day! Another difference this year...homework! And boy does he give that a big thumbs down. For a boy who follows all school and classroom rules, would never disobey his teacher, and gets nervous when others do, he sure doesn't bring any of those school morals home with him! The second I mention homework he's complaining. But all in all, I am so proud of my first grader. He's really coming out of his shell and feeling more comfortable in new situations. 
And he hated taking these pictures for me, it was a freezing 50 degrees outside!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS