Friday, September 25, 2015

labor day weekend

Once again, catch up time....over Labor Day weekend, Grandma Cindy and I took the kids to the cities for a 2 night hotel stay. Hudson cashed in on his birthday hotel gift from his godparents, Maddi and Zevlen (THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!). Our first stop of the weekend was to the Minnesota State Fair. It was a HOT day, although, not deathly hot like I anticipated it to be. We hit up all the kid friendly activities and spent A LOT of time going on rides. We spent our first night in the hotel after the fair, then the next day we went to The Blast, its an indoor play place in Eagan. The kids ran wild for a couple hours while Grandma and I could just sit back and watch. After that we went to Sea Life for the 4,568th time, or so it seems. All three of the kids love that place, especially Hudson! On our last day we went to the movie Pixels, which surprisingly enough, we all enjoyed! I think the reclining leather seats helped with that too! All of those fun activities plus lots and lots of hotel swimming and some eating....it was a really GREAT weekend!


I don't know what it is about this picture, but I crack up every time I look at it. Not sure if its because Hudson looks like the angriest little farm boy ever, or because Paxton looks like the happiest little farm boy ever, or because neither of them have necks?? Whatever it is, its hilarious to me!



Harlow needed an adult to ride with her on some rides. I was happy to oblige, the breeze from going round and round in circles actually felt pretty good.



All of the kids took a turn on the trampoline. I know the pictures are dark and hard to see, but they all really liked it. Started with a little hesitation, but ended with genuine smiles and laughter. 


The worker was generally a little cranky, didn't say much other than, "move back, jump, stop jumping", all very quietly and monotone, but he liked Harlow and it was cute watching her listen intently to his directions.

A police officer, still Paxton's life plan.

Even though it was our 4,568th time at Sea Life, it was only our 2nd time with the stingrays. At our last visit, the kids were a little hesitant to pet the stingrays, but not this time. They all stuck their hands in there as the stingrays swam around them. This mama though, man I get squirmy and 9 times out of 10, I rip my hand out of that water pretty fast when the stingrays get anywhere near me.

I still say though, with all of the activities we spoil these kids with, they would all be just as happy swimming in the hotel pool 24/7.


Our last stop before heading home was all for Hudson....the Halloween store. It is his heaven on earth, odd as that sounds. He searched high and low for the scariest mask and decided on this one. I think his search was pretty successful. That kid and his obsession with Halloween and everything scary is....well....scary!

When we got home Hudson and Paxton decided to keep their weekend going and spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house. My poor Harlow just can't seem to tear herself away from me quite yet. She wanted so badly to go on a sleepover but said, "I would just cry for you when I got there." I love that she loves me that much, but don't want it to hold her back from doing things she wants to do. But, like everything else, its a phase and soon enough she'll be begging to leave. So right now, me and my girl are inseparable and I'm cherishing it. 

To end the holiday weekend, we met the boys and Grandma to go to Sibley Park and out to eat. We fed the animals and then fed ourselves.


No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS