Friday, September 11, 2015

Paxton- kindergarten

 Paxton started KINDERGARTEN on August 26th. He was ready and he was "kinda" excited. If you asked him if he wanted to go to school, he would always answer with either "kinda" or "a little bit". Frankly, I think he was a little confused. He had been in the before/after school Kids Connection program all summer with Hudson, and he called it school, so when we talked about school starting, he had felt like he had already been going for months. And because Paxton lives in his own little la-la land, it had to be explained to him several times. Then to make things more confusing for him, on the first day of school I picked him up, but on the second day he went to the Kids Connection program after school. I tried explaining this to him but I could tell his head was spinning a bit so I just told him to follow his big brother, and then he asked me, "So I go to first grade then?" Oh my dear Paxton, no! At that point I looked at Hudson and asked him to kindly take of his poor little brother. I'm thankful I have at least one responsible boy! 
Since school has been in session now for a few weeks, I can give a little update on how things are going for Paxton. He is still so-so about the idea of school. Sometimes he's happy going, sometimes he still gets tears. I don't think he dislikes school, but I think he's easily bored, doesn't really care much about learning anything, and he's super jealous that Harlow still goes to Grandma Sharon's on Mondays and stays home with aunts on Fridays. I can't even count how many times I've heard, "It's not FAIR!!". I ran into his teacher, Mrs. Maudal, who was also Hudson's kindergarten teacher, and prior to school starting I had warned her that she was getting a very different Johnson boy this time around. A much more rambunctious boy, not always a rule follower, and one with much less patience. I had to ask her if she's noticed these differences, and she laughed and told me that yes he is different, but just as sweet. And to my surprise, she also told me that Paxton has been on yellow a couple times, (behavior color chart- green is good, yellow is a warning, orange is sent to the office, red is a call to parent). News to me as I had just asked Paxton if he's gotten off green yet and he assured me he had not, even going on to tell me stories of other classmates getting on red. 
This little boy cannot be trusted
But gosh he's cute! 

And here's a couple of all of them together that first week of school. My three babies with their backpacks....I'm still in disbelief. 


No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS