Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Update- Week 1

Packy went to the doctor today for x-rays and a check up. Even with memories of cutting saws and pain, he was still excited to go back! He could hardly wait until 10:00! I carried him all throughout the clinic, with offers of wheelchairs, but he can't sit! X-rays were first. He laid still, moved when they asked him to, asked questions of what everything was, and gave his shy smile. And if there is such a thing as good news....we got it....the cast can come off in 3 weeks! Our next appointment is on September 25th. The doctor is "satisfied" at how the femur bone is healing. When I saw the x-ray, I kind of thought it looked the same....broken....but I'm not a doctor. He said it might be a little shorter than it was before, but nothing noticable. So the countdown begins, 20 more days!!! And Packy, he's still amazing. Still tough. Still sweet. Still humble. It's hard to find positives in this situation, but if there is one, its that I am loving spending every moment with him! And nights, sleeping next to him, are the best! Every night he tells me, "This is fun." And I bet if Packy picked a positive, it'd be peeing on the bush! Because aiming him into a toilet is too dang hard, he's been spraying all our bushes :)
The first x-ray. A spiral fracture. See that femur bone, its supposed to be ONE bone.
Friends and family have signed his cast. The favorite- Uncle Lon's "I hate hard pants!"
The sweet patient at the doctor.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS