Monday, September 24, 2012

Hard Pants OFF!!!

The day has come....tomorrow, September 25th....Packy gets his hard pants OFF! He goes back and forth whether or not he's excited. The strange little man has actually become accustomed to his hard pants and kinda likes them. I am excited, I can't believe its actually tomorrow. 4 weeks ago I thought our lives were over as we knew it, I thought a broken femur was the worst thing that could happen....but Paxton proved me wrong. He was strong, resilient, and the same happy, sweet, polite, and loveable boy he's always been. And although it was exhausting, I'm still going to miss certain things....like sleeping with him every night, eating popcorn for snack in bed, snuggling for movies, seeing his smile when family brought even more presents for him, and watching him play with his baby sister both rolling around on the floor. What I won't miss....holding him over the toilet to poop, running for the "bottle" (urinal) when he has to pee, being crushed by his cast when he rolls over while sleeping, all the snags his cast is making on my sheets, the cast burn I get on my arm from carrying him all day, and that he's had to miss family moments because we weren't able to travel too far.


Good bye Hard Pants! You will not be missed and we hope you never return, in any shape or form, over any broken bone, on any of the Johnson children!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS