Tuesday, May 7, 2013

baby no more

My baby girl went to bed tonight an 11 month old, a baby. She will wake up tomorrow a 1 year old. I played with her, fed her, bathed her, kissed her, and put her to bed, all as a baby for the last time. It's hitting me hard. I can tell myself that tomorrow won't be any different than today. That she'll still be the same wild, spunky, drama filled, sweet little girl she was today. And I'm so excited for all of the fun and excitement that the next year will bring, but my heart still aches for that tiny baby she was a year ago. The baby I swaddled and snuggled into my arm. The baby that would much rather lay on me than go into her crib. Now, her crib is her haven. She loves going to bed. She puts in a do-do, grabs hold of a bumper tie  and lays right down. In minutes I check on her, and she's asleep, usually on her back. It's easy, very little work on my part, but I still long for the nights she fell asleep in my arms. When Jamie would tell me to put her down or she'll be spoiled. Oh baby girl, remember you need your mama, and remember your mama needs you. Good night. I'll see you on your birthday. I love you.



No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS