Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day

It was my fourth Mother's Day, a day to celebrate the three most amazing gifts in my life. There is nothing I love more than being a mom. There is nothing I am more thankful for. It is clearly evident to me that I was born for this. To have these three beautiful babies.
Hudson was so excited to give me the present he made at school. He'd been hiding it in the house since Thursday. He brought it up several times a day; asking if I'd found it, making me guess what it is, telling me I had to be very careful with it and hold it with two hands, and that I was going to love it so much he was sure of it. I was in the shower Sunday morning and he came into the bathroom and said he wanted to finally give it to me, but he figured he should wait until I was out so it didn't get wet. Good thinking, bud! I barely had the chance to get dressed (just putting my pj's back on) and he handed me his precious gift, telling me he wrapped it in green tissue paper because that's my favorite color. Such a sweet, sentimental boy. It was a ceramic plate with his hand print. After I opened it, he decided it needed a little more color so he drew on it and made it into a "hand print Mommy" with a face and legs. To say he was proud is an understatement. Also, to say Harlow is jealous of her Mommy's attention is another understatement. (please excuse the messy bed in the background)
All of three of the kids (with Jamie's help) gave me a new charm for my Pandora bracelet. I love how each charm I have means something so special. But Paxton's greatest gift to me came in the middle of the night, when he woke me up (sleeping on the living room floor again), rubbed my face, and whispered, "Mommy, I just want to give you a good night kiss. I love you." I could have sobbed right there, on the living room floor, at 4 o'clock in the morning. We are raising good hearted kids.

I'm lucky enough to have a best friend in my mom. I hope and pray to have the same relationship with Harlow as I have with my mom. She is the center of our world, and the following quote fits perfectly...
"The only thing better than having you as a Mom, is my children having you as a Grandma."

1 comment:

Mommy and/or Daddy Jones said...

One of the sweetest blogs ever! Thanks for the happy tears this morning. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS