Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hudson's Field Trip

When Hudson's teacher emailed parents asking for chaperones to go on the field trip to the State Park, I immediately replied, "Yes! I'm in!". Thankfully when I asked Hudson later that day if he'd like me to go with, he said he did. He said anything that I could go with to, he wants me there. That's my boy! I hope he still feels that way when I want to chaperone his 8th grade dance!! Ha! I love watching him with his friends, I love seeing the interaction, and I love how proud I am of the way he behaves and treats everyone. An example; another girl in his class was really hoping for an orange magnifying glass and when Mrs. Maudal handed her a small clear one she was disappointed. Later on she noticed that Hudson had an orange one and she told him that was the color she wanted. Without even thinking he immediately told her that he would switch with her if she wanted. Her eyes lit up and she smiled and quickly grabbed that orange magnifying glass. Such a simple act that I'm sure Hudson didn't realize was kind, and I'm so glad I was there to see it.

The class hiked on the trails, searching for signs of fall; changing leaves, squirrels, log hotels (what they call fallen logs with holes that creatures can live in), chipmunks, deer (which a loud, excited class of 5/6 year olds have no chance of spotting!), and pumpkins (didn't find those in the woods so I told the kids to look out the windows on the bus and they'll find some in front of houses they pass). After a long hike, we stopped for a snack, a class picture, and they played a game called Predator and Prey.


Hudson and one of his best buddies, Rowan.

During the Predator and Prey game, Hudsy was hiding behind this tree with a girl in his class. They were trying to hide from the predator and didn't have much room, so the girl grabbed Hudson and moved him really close to her, which is when the giggling started. I couldn't hear what they were saying to each other, but it was the cutest thing I've ever seen! A little kindergarten flirting.

The class picture; Hudson is in the second row, third from the left.

The kids thought it was pretty cool that the water in the pool was drained making them a giant sand hole to run and play in. Even at 31 years old, I still thought that was kind of cool too.

I love my new role as a parent chaperone!! I can hardly wait for the Halloween party in a couple weeks!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS