Thursday, June 11, 2015

Jefferson Celebration Day

I was lucky enough to spend the entire day of school with Hudson for the Jefferson Celebration Day. And even luckier to spend the morning breakfast with these two nuts. When all three kids are in school, I'm going to need to quit my job with all of these activities that I just can't bring myself to miss out on!

Hudson participated in many different activities throughout the day, and sometimes I joined in. I cannot say enough how much I love watching Hudson interact with his classmates and teachers at school. It's a side of him we don't normally see, but it is also one that I would totally expect from him. He's polite, follows directions, listens quietly, pays attention, a little shy and timid but always willing to try. Here he's in ready position for crab soccer.


Climbing around on the playground with his buddy Rowan.


Drawing a sun for Pictionary.

Tug-of-war. I was actually a little surprised by how hard he worked at this. In sports, Hudson isn't really a "give it all you got" kind of kid. He's more of a "laid back, half effort, whatever happens happens" kind of kid, but when he was up for tug-of-war, he wanted to win and pulled hard!

Face painting- a mustache.

The following day was the very last day of school. A picnic at the park was scheduled but, unfortunately rained out, so we had a picnic in the hallway. And of course he convinced me to stick around and hang out for the rest of the day. His very last day as a kindergartner. Go ahead and assume.....yea, I cried. Well, kind of bawled. Man I'm weepy when it comes to passing milestones.

Signing autographs.

Drawing in art class.

Best bud, Rowan. Aren't they just so cute.

And that was that, kindergarten was over. We hugged Mrs. Maudal good bye, I cried like a baby and Hudson looked at me like I was nuts. He actually said, "Mom, you cried when school started too, come on!" I can't help it, he's my baby and these are all firsts, firsts that go by way too fast. But man is it fun to see them grow and achieve.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS