Tuesday, June 9, 2015

kindergarten graduation

Since the last week of school was filled with fun celebrations and activities, Hudson had his kindergarten graduation on May 29, 2015. Jamie and I were invited to make his own special silly hat, look through his time capsule, watch a slideshow, and enjoy a popsicle treat.


Of course I teared up at this moment.

Hudson wrote Mrs. Maudal a letter and gave her a gift certificate to the hair salon she goes to (which happens to be Aunt Vicky's). He decided all on his own what he wanted to write and only asked for help to spell "teacher". He was dead set on writing "I love you" and although a part of me gave it a second thought, I decided not to say anything because he really, really wanted to. Well I am so glad I did, because when Mrs. Maudal read his letter, she teared up and said, "I love you too Hudson, you know that right." And this mom...wept!! 

I really can't say enough about how much we loved Mrs. Maudal. I gave her a giant hug, told her how much I appreciate what she does and how kind she was to Hudson, for teaching him, and for being a reason he enjoyed going to school. I am crossing my fingers that Paxton is assigned to her classroom next year.
So there we are, a FIRST GRADER!!! An actual grade. Eek!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS