Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sea Life & Hotel

When we went to Sea Life back in April, the stingrays weren't ready to be touched or fed (oh darn, right!?) so they gave us free tickets to come back again before June 30th, so with June winding down ALREADY, we took advantage, got a hotel for a night and went to Sea Life. Even after 5 times, the kids still love it! And so does Grandma. (Jamie was on a fishing trip.)
We planned to leave around 10:00am Saturday morning, and this little beauty had to be woken up to get ready! I literally made the bed while she slept and she never moved a muscle.

We stopped for lunch at Noodles & Co.

I had to document this....Paxton crawled onto my lap just to snuggle. This doesn't happen all that often with my big boys anymore, so it was a moment I cherished.

And when we got to Sea Life, the stingrays were swimming and ready to be petted.....but we had three kids that weren't so sure about it. And one mommy that was definitely sure I did not want to stick my arm in there and pet a stingray. Grandma was all about it and raved at how cool they felt, like velvet. We could tell Hudson really wanted to touch one and would be disappointed if we left and he didn't do it, so I swallowed my fear and said we could do it together, that I was scared too but we'd be fine and would be glad we did it. I put my arm in the water and Harlow freaked out and ripped my arm back out. My poor, protective daughter, man she loves her mama! I assured her that I would be okay, so she let me continue but she always had a hand on my arm to save my life if need be. I must admit, as the stingrays swam near me, I screamed and jumped a little bit, but they did feel really cool, and with the help of Grandma, Hudson eventually touched one too.


Harlow walked around the corner and found.....this guy, don't remember his name....and was over the moon happy! She ran to him and hugged him like they were long lost best friends.


Of course at the end, you have to take your picture in the shark's mouth. I loved how it turned out. Paxton looks like he using all of his strength to save everyone, Harlow looks legitimately scared, and Hudson is faking it.

But a favorite of a weekend away is always swimming in the hotel.




On our way home, we stopped at the "big yellow barn". The kids are tiny, but they're standing up there under the sign.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS