Thursday, June 6, 2013

last sunday

We had a fun Sunday filled with low-key activities that kept us busy from sun up til sun down. It started with playing outside in our jammies. Hudson had the idea of painting rocks, so he made a couple masterpieces and then scolded his sister for getting a little too close. He is very protective of his things when it comes to her touching them. And sister, well if you tell her NOT to do something, she's definitely going TO DO IT! He gave her a little choke hold and carried her a safe distance away.
Paxton enjoyed painting rocks for approximately 3 seconds, just enough time for his concentration tongue to make an appearance. This one doesn't have much patience for artsy activities.
Hudsy practiced hitting some balls for his upcoming t-ball game. And Harlow hung from the trampoline. She hangs from everything. Later she maneuvered herself right up on that tramp.
Eventually we got dressed and headed to the park for a picnic and play. When it comes to playing, Jamie transforms from the role of Dad to child with the blink of an eye.
They went exploring and found a little creek with "water steps" and an underground tunnel. Hudson was so excited about his secret spot that he ran back and told me I just had to see it. So we all went to check it out....
Even Harlow. See her little head in there with Daddy and Hudsy. If you know me well, you know that the crazy mom in me was worried about them in this tunnel. I always think of the worst. I let my mind wander as far as imagining this tunnel releasing itself from the concrete and rocks and floating away. I have a problem I know. But give me some credit, I let them explore anyway.
But this activity, blowing dandelions...much more my pace! ;) However, I should note that shortly after doing this, he nearly went head first into those water steps I mentioned and my heart nearly stopped.
The morning and afternoon tuckered Harlow right out. Her and I went home for a little nap while Daddy took the boys down to the bike track for a ride. Sister perked right back up after her nap and we headed out to Grandpa and Grandma's house. Give this girl dirt, rocks, or grass and she's happy.
To Hudson, going to Grandpa's house is all about the four wheelers and tractors. It's about getting into the heart of farm life and he loves it. Grandpa took him out into the fields to pick rocks. Big rocks.
And he came back looking like this. Black dirt filled his face, even inside his ears. I'm pretty sure 4 days and baths later, it's still there. Pax got dirty too, he sat in sidewalk chalk.
They were kings of the world on top of the rock pile. The same rock pile I played on top of when I was a little girl.
And moments like this....these moments make the frustrating ones disappear and my heart swells a little more. That is pure happiness on their faces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your most recent post and this one. Your three kids interact just like our four. It's as if I'm reading my own blog sometimes! Kudos on recording these 'everyday' memories. One day you'll look back and think they're extraordinary!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS