Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hudsy's Weekend

We spent last weekend up in the cities celebrating Hudson's birthday weekend courtesy of his godparents, Maddi and Zev. They've made it a birthday tradition to get him a weekend at Maddi's hotel and it has proved to be his favorite gift! And I let him make the final call of deciding to bring Harlow with or leave her home with Grandma, and he was quick to say "She's too wild so let's not take her." Good point buddy, and Harlow happily waved bye to us as we drove away, saying "See you later!".

On the way up Friday night we stopped at his favorite restaurant, Chili's. He can't get enough of their corn on the cob and blue slushy drink!  

Last year Maddi decorated the hotel room and Hudson thought it was nothing short of amazing. He had been asking me if I thought she'd do that again......she did! Balloons and streamers and his very own jar of candy!

A video of him walking into the room. I love how he tries to hide his excited smile, and right away proclaims, "Yep, I got it. I got it again."


We spent the rest of the night and the next morning swimming and hot tubbing.


At Chipotle for lunch on Saturday, Hudson looked at my heaping bowl of deliciousness and said, "I dare you to eat all that!" Ha, dare met and accomplished easily! Probably not a good thing.

On the agenda for Saturday, Mall of America for Seal Life and Nickelodeon Universe (Family passes for both provided by Maddi and Zev!!! Waaaaaay too much, and waaaaay too sweet!!). Hudson was beyond excited and Pax is such a lucky brother getting to tag along.

Maddi and Zev met us for our day of fun. And since Jamie had never been on rides at Nickelodeon before, they even offered to take the boys for a bit to let Jamie and me go on some bigger rides. Of course while they were "babysitting for free" as Zevlen called it (with help from Logie and Patrick too!), Paxton was on the bumper cars and couldn't get his car to work and had a meltdown right there on the ride. But it wasn't anything a little cotton candy and pop couldn't cure.



This was our favorite ride, well at least it was mine. It was the boys' first "big" ride and I was a little nervous for them but they loved it!! Heck, I loved it! I laughed the whole time, which made Jamie laugh at me the whole time. It really took my breath away and gave me butterflies.

I love this picture Maddi got of us during the ride.

Paxton making mean faces at Zevlen.

Jamie talked us into going on the Log Chute but I made it very clear that I did NOT want to get wet!! The first time we went down, Hudson and I sat in front and got considerably wet, especially Hudson. He said he was mad, but we could tell he really enjoyed it, and as soon as we got off he wanted to go again. So the second time I made Jamie sit in the front to get wet and me and Pax hid in the back. Before the ride started, I could hear Jamie and Hudson whispering to each other and giggling. I knew they were up to no good, then on the way down the biggest hill, they hid under the front of the log in hopes of getting me drenched! In the video Maddi took, you can see Jamie hiding and then coming up to check if I got soaked....I didn't, their evil plan failed. 

It was a long day and we got a little silly.

We went for supper (at 8pm!) at Jake's Grill. Hudson ordered his favorite meal of buttered noodles and cleared his plate in less than 2 minutes!

Some snuggling on Sunday morning before leaving the hotel. We went to see the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie despite the PG-13 rating and it was a good decision. Paxton LOVED it! Laughed outloud in the theater and declared it his favorite movie of all time. Even I enjoyed it, we all did!

It was a GREAT weekend!!!!! A million gazillion THANK YOU's to Maddi and Zevie!!!! Hudson is one lucky godson, and Jamie, Paxton, and myself are lucky he let's us tag along! Maybe next year he'll even let Harlow.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS